Thursday, July 3, 2014

MY TRIP TO CAMP WHITTLE

I went to whittle camp from June 21st to June 28th and had a lot of fun there. It was awesome because it had horseback riding and archery. I was in cabin seven on this trip. I am going to write a report about it.




Time
Activity
7:00
Wake-Up
7:15
Chapel
8:00
Breakfast
8:15
First activity period
10:15
Second activity period
12:15
FOB
12:45
Pride Time
1:00
Lunch
1:15
Third activity period
3:15
Fourth activity period
5:15
Rest period
6:00
Dinner
6:30
Twilight Activity
7:30
Campfire
10:00
Sleep





Day 1
On saturday i left for big bear. It was going very smoothly until our bus broke down. We had to wait 45 minutes till another bus came and finally, we were there. When we got there, we had a special activity where we had to dress-up our counselors. We used clothes that we brought to dress up our counselors and we finished in 3rd place. Then we had dinner. For dinner, we had spaghetti and bread sticks. Then we had campfire. Campfire is when you sing along with songs and watch skits. Then at 10:00 we slept.


All set to go!!!!

Day 2
On sunday, I woke up at 7:15 for chapel. Chapel is when you go and sing songs in the morning. Then, we had breakfast. For breakfast I ate pancakes and sausage. After breakfast, I had whittle fair. In whittle fair, there is human bowling, human angry birds and connect 6. There is also a cotton candy machine, a snow cone machine, ring toss, and a really cool slide called black hole. Then we had Arts & Crafts. That was the best part of the day. In Arts & Crafts there is an air hockey table, a pool table and 2 Foosball tables. After Arts & Crafts we had lunch. For lunch, there was mac & cheese with corn dogs. After lunch, we had animal husbandry. Animal husbandry is basically a petting zoo. You go around petting goats and horses and pigs and hens. There is a llama and alpaca to. An alpaca is a small llama. Then we had the rock climbing wall!! I aced it in 1 try. Then we had dinner. For dinner, I ate 78l. PB&J. For dessert, They served cake. Then we had campfire. It was the exact same as yesterday.
DSCN4268.JPG
Human sized bowling!



DSCN4269.JPG
Connect 6
Day 3
On monday, I did my usual morning routine. Chapel and then breakfast. For breakfast, there was a breakfast burrito. Then we had team zip line. Team zip line is when one person goes onto a zip line and the rest of the people in the cabin pull him up. Then he unhooks the string and he flies down. It was a lot of fun. After team zip line, we have horseback riding!! It was awesome. That was my favorite part of the day. The horse that I got was brownie. Then we had FOB. FOB stands for flat on bunk. Then we had lunch. For lunch, we had burgers. Then we had pool!! We have to take a swim test. The swim test is 3 laps around a pool and then you have to tread water for a minute. It was easy. Then we had drama. In drama we play a bunch of games. We played zip zap boing, countdown, and ninja. Then we had a little rest time. Then we ate dinner. Then we had gold rush. It was awesome. you have to protect your counselor from his bag getting shot down with a water gun. Then we had campfire. Then we slept.
Day 4
Again we woke up for chapel at 7:15. On tuesday, I ate eggs bacon and hash browns for breakfast. Then I had circus. Circus is awesome. Unicycles. CHeck. Pogo Sticks. Check. Juggling. Check. It has almost everything the real circus has except it is not as deadly and hard. Then, after circus, I had radio. In radio, you think of a song and you put it on channel 88.5. This is what I said, “Hey guys, this is DJ Lighting here to zap the fun into you. ” That is my slogan. You have to think of something like that to say. Then it was time for FOB. I took a nap but you can play cards or do something on yours or someone elses bunk. Then after that it was time for lunch. For lunch I had a deli sandwich. Then we had drama again. After that we had gaga ball. Gaga ball is where u have to hit the ball with your hands and try and make the ball hit someone elses legs or below their waist. If it goes over their waist, you are out. Before dinner, I decorated my cabin. Then, I had dinner. For dinner, I had PB&J.l Then there was campfire. I had an awesome time today.

Day 5
I had a muffin and milk for breakfast today. Then I had drums. You do a ton of stuff to learn how to play drums. We played camouflage, marco pollo/drums style. Someone says marco, and then everyone, who has hidden themselves somewhere so that they can be seen but not easily, have to play dum dum on a drum to show where they are. Then, we had archery. I got 10 bulls eyes out of 25 shots and my total score was almost 100. About 85. Then, I had FOB. Then for lunch i had Chicken strips with french fries. Then I had pool. After pool, I had animals. In animals I held a 20 foot long snake. Then i had dinner. For dinner, I had PB&J. Then we had campfire. We led campfire. That means, I do the skits. So, I did two skits and one song and I got smores in the end of campfire. Then I slept.

Day 6
French toast and milk was breakfast today. Then I had Lake. At lake, I went kayaking, pedal boating, banana boating and canoeing. Then I had lunch. For lunch, grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup. Then I had arts and crafts. I made a button and two shrinky dinks. Then i had sports field. There I played soccer. I was op and I and my team won 2-0. Then there was dinner. After dinner, there was campfire. At campfire, I had a lot of fun and my throat was sore. Then I slept
DSCN4270.JPG
Arts and crafts room.
Day 7
I woke up at 6:30 today. Then I went to chapel at 7:15. For breakfast, there was hashbrowns and omelettes. Then I had archery. I got 7 bulls eyes out of 12 shots. Then i played soccer on the sports field again. I won 2-0 and then I tied 1-1. Then we had FOB time and I took a nap. Then we had lunch. For lunch, I had taquitos. Then I had zumba and movement which are both basically dancing. Then I had horseback riding. Then I had pizza for dinner. Then we had the finishing campfire in which we had pinecone dedication. You dedicate a pinecone to someone. Then we slept.  

Day 8
I had muffins for breakfast. There was no chapel today cause you were suppose to pack. I woke up at 6:00. And then at 9:00 it left. I threw up on the bus. It was about a 3 hour ride. We got there at noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment